Monday, October 16, 2017

2017 Holiday - Day 1 - Arrival

Arrived at Disney's Beach Club Resort on Saturday 14th October after an uneventful flight. We were looking forward to immersing ourselves in the 'Disney bubble' for the next 12 nights. We checked in, and already there was a problem - the room type they had us down for was not correct. We were supposed to be on the Club Level, but they had us down for a regular Pool/Lagoon View room. Luckily, I had the original invoice on my phone which showed the correct room type. They only had a room on the third floor, but we could be transferred to the correct room Monday.

We decided we liked the third floor room, and would stay there. We went up to the Club Lounge for a bit to eat and Matthew had some nuggets and Clare a beer whilst I talked to Chef Chris about gluten-free options. I'd heard good things about how Disney treats allergy guests and this was their first test. They passed with flying colours! Chef Chris walked me round all the options pointing out what I could eat, and that included the chicken nuggets! He also said he could rustle up some chicken or salmon on nights when there wasn't anything for me. Brilliant! I settled down with a bottle of GF Angry Orchard Hard Cider and all was good.

We went for a bit of a stroll afterwards, but then turned in not long after that.

No comments:

Post a Comment